These are steps to follow when an emergency prevents access to campus. See Using Instructional Technologies for Traditional Classroom Contingency Planning for more details, training, and rationale.
- Merge secondary D2L courses, such as labs, into one course by Merging Course Sections.
- Amend the syllabus.
- Email students about changes to both students' LSC and D2L email.
- Place an announcement in the D2L Announcements widget.
- Create a "General Questions" discussion topic to answer students' questions and reduce the number of emails you receive throughout the term.
Lecture with D2L
- Upload and publish content in D2L. Use the Content tool to make course files, such as your syllabus or course notes, available to students.
- Create Modules.
- Add content to Modules to create Topics.
- Create electronic copies of materials and upload them for easy retrieval.
- Record lectures using TechSmith Relay. Instructors can use a headset and computer to easily record audio on top of their PowerPoint slides and store them in TechSmith's "My Library."
Assignments & Exam Alternatives
- Create assignments for students to submit papers and projects.
- Create quizzes.
- Create discussions to facilitate discussion on a variety of topics.