To assist in developing your course, please refer to the resources below. Click on the link to download each resource.
The Online Course Development Checklist is to aid you in creating your syllabus and designing and developing your course within D2L.
The Syllabus Template is a pre-formatted Word file to allow you to easily add your own information.
Edit & Add the Syllabus to Your Course
Download & Edit the Syllabus
- Download the LSC Syllabus Template from above and save to a known location on your computer.
- Using Microsoft Word or a similar program, open the syllabus template saved in step 1.
- Edit the template with your information. When finished, select File > Save As… and save the file name as specified by your division or department. If not provided with specific file name instructions, it may be helpful for you and students to name the file using the following convention: Course.Section.Semester.InstructorLastName(EDUC1300.AAAA.Fa20.Doe).
- Repeat step 4 to save the file, but change the file type to PDF. This version will be posted in D2L.
Add the Syllabus to your Course
- Login to D2L and enter your course.
- Navigate to the module or sub-module where you want to post the syllabus.
- Follow the directions for how to Add a File to a Module and choose the PDF version of your syllabus you saved from the "Download & Edit Syllabus" directions above.