A sandbox is an area where you can work on designing your course that is not visible to students and allows you to use a Test Student. Sandboxes are meant for your individual course development; other people cannot be added to your sandbox.
NOTE: If you would like to share course materials, you can Create a Community Group and add others to that group. You can also Export Course Content to share with others.
To Create a Sandbox
- Log in to D2L.
- Click VTAC Support on the navbar.
- In the Self-Service column under Course Design, click Create a Sandbox.
- Fill out the Sandbox Request form.
- Enter a short description (name) for your sandbox. The completed sandbox title will begin with “Sandbox: Your Name - [Short Description]" You should only enter a description that will appear after the words “Sandbox: Your Name."
- Enter a date for archiving. After this date, the system will archive the sandbox in the next round of automated archives.
- Submit the Sandbox Request Form.
See Using a Test Student Account to View Your Course Content.