Release conditions allow you to associate an assignment folder with other items in D2L. For example, you can require that students meet some criteria, such as visiting a set of lecture notes in the Content tool, before they can submit their work to an assignment folder. Alternately, you can make submission to the assignment folder a criteria for accessing another item, such as a quiz.
Set release conditions for an assignment folder
- On the New Folder or Edit Folder page, click on the "Restrictions" tab.
- In the Release Conditions section, click either Attach Existing or Create and Attach.
- If creating a new condition, select a Condition Type and specify the Condition Details, then click on Create.
- If you are attaching an existing condition, choose the condition that you want to apply.
- Select from the drop-down list if All conditions must be met or Any condition must be met to access the assignment folder.