Release conditions allow you to set requirements for access to an assignment folder based on multiple criteria, including completion of other items in D2L. For example, you can require that students visit a set of lecture notes in the Content tool before they can submit work to an assignment folder. Alternately, you can make submission to the assignment folder a condition for accessing another item, such as a quiz.
Set release conditions for an assignment folder
- On the New Folder or Edit Folder page, click on the "Restrictions" tab.
- In the Release Conditions section, click either Attach Existing, if you have already created the condition you want to apply, or Create and Attach.
- If you are creating a new condition, select a Condition Type and specify the Condition Details, then click on Create.
- If you are attaching an existing condition, choose the condition that you want to apply.
- From the dropdown list, choose either All conditions must be met or Any condition must be met to access the assignment folder. If you choose "Any condition must be met" means that as long as students meet any one condition, they will be able to access the conditionally released material; otherwise, they will have to meet all of the conditions.