Discover is a tool which allows students to self-enroll in Community Groups on D2L. Once a Community Group is added to Discover, students can freely enroll and unenroll themselves in the Community Group, without needing to be added by a Group Manager (though a Group Manager is still able to enroll users themselves). This can be useful for Community Groups in which are a large number of students are expected to join, such as campus-wide initiatives. There are instructions below for how students enroll and unenroll through Discover.
NOTE: If you wish to request a Community Group be added to Discover, please send an email to VTAC@lonestar.edu with the full name of the Community Group.
Use the Discover Tool to Enroll in Courses
- On the D2L Homepage, from the Navbar → [Collaboration] → [Discover]..
- A list of courses that are available for self-enrollment will appear. Click on the course you would like to enroll in. You can also use the [Search] bar to search for a specific course.
- You will see the tile of the course and information about the start and end dates. Click [Enroll in Course] below the title to Enroll.
- You will see a pop-up message confirming that you have enrolled. Click [OK].
- Click on the button that says [Open Course] to enter the course you've just enrolled in.
Use the Discover Tool to Un-enroll in Courses
- On the D2L Homepage, from the Navbar → [Collaboration] → [Discover].
- On the Discover page, click [Browse all Content].
- Click [Sort], and then select [Already Enrolled].
- Choose the Discover course you wish to un-enroll in.
- Click the [...] button, then click [Unenroll].
- You will receive a confirmation message that your unenrollment is complete.
NOTE: You can re-enroll in any Discover course you un-enroll from.