Video Note is available in any tool with an HTML editor. You can add videos to assignment instructions or as downloadable files, discussion posts, emails, etc.. The method varies slightly depending on the course tool you are using but the basic steps are similar.
For this document we are adding an instructional video for the students to watch in the instructions of an assignment.
Using Insert Stuff
- In the HTML Editor click the Insert Stuff icon.
or use the Record Video button to create your video as a downloadable file attachment to the assignment.
- Click Add Video Note
- Click New Recording to begin recording your video. If you do not see the New Recording button use the scroll bar and resize marker until you see New Recording.
- The timer starts once you click New Recording, the video note can be up to 10 minutes long. Click Stop Recording when finished.
- To re-record your note, click New Recording. If you are satisfied with your recording, click Add.
- If you are satisfied with your recording, enter a title and description of your video note. Select the language for the Audio Language captioning and check the "Automatically generate captions from audio" box.
If you do not want the video to auto generate captions leave this box unchecked.
- Click Insert to insert the file into the HTML editor or use the Back button to return to the previous page if you wish to re-record your video.You can preview the video note before you insert it but you may have to refresh the screen first using the Refresh Preview button.
- Your video is now embedded in the instructions of the assignment.
- Complete set up of the remainder of the assignment, discussion topic or quiz.