Lone Star College (LSC) must be prepared to cope with possible campus closures in the event of natural disasters, communicable disease outbreaks, or other emergencies.
Information for Faculty
If you want to prepare for a possible move to online teaching, please review the steps below:
- Complete the Online Teaching Certification to familiarize yourself with D2L and LSC resources
- Familiarize yourself with the available Instructional Technologies for Course Contingency
- Review the steps for Moving Your Face-to-Face Course Online
- Refer to the Online Faculty Handbook and Recommended Practices for course development
- Consult the VTAC Event Calendar for D2L training sessions and open-lab times
- Use this VTAC site to find information about editing your course
- Explore how to create lecture videos using TechSmith Relay
- Learn how to host/attend a video conference using WebEx
Note that all courses, including face-to-face sections, already have a corresponding shell in D2L. In the event that online instruction is mandated by the Chancellor, you will not have to wait for a D2L shell to be created and assigned.
Information for iStar Course Builders
All courses already have a shell in D2L. Do not change the course mode of classes in iStar or cancel any sections to create new online ones.