As an instructor, you can enhance student engagement in your course in several ways.
Communicate in Multiple Formats
Include Active Learning Opportunities
Provide Timely and Useful Feedback
- Improve Course Accessibility
- Online Learning Consortium (OLC): Ten Ways to Overcome Barriers to Student Engagement Online (Academic Technology: At the College of William And Mary)
- D2L Blog: 7 Tips for Increasing Student Engagement in Online Courses
- Touro College: 4 Crucial Components of Any Online Course
- Faculty Focus: Student Engagement Strategies for the Online Learning Environment
- AllenComm Blog: Why Rich Media Matters
- EDUCAUSE: Student-Centered Remote Teaching: Lessons Learned from Online Education
- Inside Higher Ed: Moving Classes Online Is Hard. Online Discussion Can Help.
- OLC Online Learning Journal: Engagement Matters: Student Perceptions on the Importance of Engagement Strategies in the Online Learning Environment
- OLC Online Learning Journal: Supporting Learning Engagement with Online Students
- Quality Matters: Student Engagement