In order to protect data integrity, D2L sets several restrictions on editing rubrics once they have been published or paired with an activity. The following note indicates when rubrics cannot be modified.
- You cannot associate Learning Activities with draft or archived rubrics.
- Rubric status must be set to a “Published” state before it can be paired with an activity.
- Rubrics cannot be edited while published or paired with activities.
- Once a rubric has been used to assess an activity, it cannot be edited or deleted.
- Existing associations with archived rubrics are maintained.
The following sections indicate how to edit existing rubrics when they are not locked due to publication or saved assessment data.
Edit rubric properties
- On the Rubrics page, click on the rubric you want to edit.
- Make your changes. (After being saved for the first time, you cannot change the type or scoring method of the rubric.)
- Click Save.
Edit a level, criterion, or criteria group
- On the Rubrics page, click Edit Levels or Edit Levels and Criteria from the context menu of the rubric you want to modify.
- Click Edit Criteria Group, Add Criteria Group Above, Add Criteria Group Below, Add Criterion, Reorder Levels or Delete Criteria Group from from the context menu of the Criteria you want to edit.
- Click Edit Level, Add Level, Add Level to the Right, Reorder Levels or Delete Level from the context menu of the Level you want to edit.
- Make your desired changes.
- Click Save.
Copying Existing Rubrics
Copying a rubric creates a new rubric based on an existing rubric in the same course (org unit). The new rubric has the same properties, levels and criteria, and is shared with the same courses as the original rubric.
On the Rubrics page, click Copy from the context menu of the rubric you want to copy. The new copy will be listed in your Rubrics page. You can then edit its properties, criteria, and levels.
Reordering Rubric Achievement Levels or Criteria
- On the Rubrics page, click Edit Levels and Criteria from the context menu of the rubric you want to modify.
- Select Reorder Levels.
- Make your changes and click Save.
- Click Close to return to the Rubrics page.