NOTE: If you copy quizzes requiring LockDown Browser from one semester to the next, you must visit the LockDown Browser Dashboard at the beginning of each semester in order to "reset" the quizzes. If you don't open the Dashboard screen, the quizzes may not open for your students. You may need to do this every time you copy a quiz into the course.
Respondus Lockdown Browser ensures the integrity of your exam by limiting what students can do while they are using the browser, which now also features Instructor Live Proctoring. You can refer to articles Overview of Features and Instructor Resources on the Respondus website.
In addition to the resources above, Respondus answers common questions about a rapid rollout and are offering daily training webinars regarding both LockDown Browser and Monitor.
NOTE: If students are having issues launching Respondus Monitor (Webcam proctoring feature) for your exam, we strongly recommend referring your students to instructions on how to access Respondus Live Chat Help.
Locating the Dashboard
- Go into your course and click Course Activities > Quizzes.
- Click the LockDown Browser tab.
- Select play on the Video Tutorial or click Continue to LockDown Browser. If you chose to watch the Video Tutorial, click Continue to LockDown Browser when finished. The page that opens lists all the quizzes in your course.
Setting Up Your Quizzes in the Dashboard
- After the dashboard is open, find the quiz to modify.
- Click the drop-down arrow in front of the quiz name and select Settings.
- Under LockDown Browser Settings, select the radio button Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam. This will expand the basic setting options. Optionally, check the box for Require LockDown Browser to view feedback and results.
- Under Password Settings, enter a password if you want to allow proctoring through a testing center as an alternative.
Under Monitor Webcam Settings, select the desired setting.
Click [ + ] Advanced Settings to expand the LockDown Browser advanced settings menu. Choose desired options.NOTE: We do not recommend using the iPad app for LockDown Browser. There are some issues with its use and it does not provide the same kind of security that LockDown Browser on a computer does.
- If you select one of the Monitor options, edit the Startup Sequence only if you are sure what you want to change. The default settings are adequate in most cases. Click [ + ] Advanced Settings to expand the Monitor Webcam advanced settings menu and choose your desired options.
- Click the Save + Close button.
Enable [Show Your Work] Feature in Respondus Monitor
The Show Your Work feature allows students to upload hi-resolution images of worksheets they've prepared during their exam. If this setting is enabled by the instructor, students will be given the opportunity to upload photos of their work immediately after they submit their exam.
NOTE: This feature is only available if Respondus Monitor has been selected as the proctoring option for the exam.
Instructors can also edit the default text students will see when they encounter the Show Your Work page. Click on the [Edit Text] link.
It is also recommended that the instructor enable the "Additional Instructions" step in the startup sequence, and edit the message to include an explanation of the Show Your Work requirement, including any specific requirements that the instructor may have. This will alert students to the requirement before they begin the exam.
You can find more info in the Using the "Show Your Work" feature in Respondus Monitor article.
NOTE: Please refer to Respondus Monitor Teaching Scenarios for more insight on the appropriate settings for Respondus Monitor, and when to use them.