SoftChalk Cloud is a program that allows faculty to easily create professional-looking, interactive lessons to upload into their online classes. SoftChalk Cloud content resides online in a SoftChalk Cloud account rather being uploaded into the Learning Management System (LMS). If you decide to host your content in SoftChalk Cloud rather than in the LMS, it is highly recommended that you also keep a local copy using SoftChalk Create Local Launch.
NOTE: It is NOT necessary for Adjunct instructors to all have their own individual SoftChalk accounts. Only the Lead-Faculty (Course Preparer) will need a SoftChalk Account to build the course. All SoftChalk links placed into the master course will be able to retrieve grades from SoftChalk to D2L for all adjunct-led courses.
Create a SoftChalk Cloud Account
- Go to Create My SoftChalk Cloud Account.
- Fill out the Create My SoftChalk Cloud Account form.
- For the Activation Key, use one of the following keys:
- Full License Activation Key: QEACFxn5gdozvhuDjp8m
- 30-Day Trial Activation Key: OqvMaLjbCDK96SsxmI3h
- After you complete the form, click [Join].
Re-Activate an Expired SoftChalk Cloud Account
- Log into SoftChalk Cloud.
- Next to your username, click on [Subscribe].
- From the Account Type dropdown menu, select Cloud (I have an activation key)
- Copy and paste the following key in the Activation Key textbox: QEACFxn5gdozvhuDjp8m
- Click [Upgrade] at the bottom of the page.
Install SoftChalk Create [Desktop Version]
SoftChalk Create is a free download with the SoftChalk Cloud license.