Create sections to organize your questions into folders. You can do this in the Question Library or while creating an assessment by clicking Add/Edit Questions on the Properties tab.
Either of these pathways is similar in functionality: one creates folders within the Question Library, while the other creates folders within a quiz.
You can also import sections from the Question Library directly into a quiz or survey. Importing sections from the Question Library into an assessment will transfer section folders and all of their associated properties (section name, messages, images, or feedback) into the assessment.
NOTE: Although you can create subsections within sections, we recommend you keep your question organization simple and intuitive.
- Go to Course Activities on the navbar and click Quizzes.
- From the Manage Quizzes screen, select the Question Library tab.
- In the Question Library, click the New button, and then select Section.
- In the Section Title field, type the name for the section.
- Enter a Message (optional). You can choose to display this message to users at the beginning of the section or repeated before each question in the section (refer to Step 8).
- Enter Private Comments (optional). These comments are for your personal use and can be viewed by only by those with faculty access to the course.
- You can add an image to the section by clicking the Add a File button and selecting the image you want to use. You can choose to display this image at the beginning of the section or repeated before each question in the section (refer to Step 8).
- Set your Display Options:
- Shuffle questions in this section Will shuffle all the questions in the section when added to an assessment
- Show section name Displays the section name in quizzes and surveys that contain this section.
- Insert a line break after section name Inserts extra space below the section name.
- Display message and image
- Select Display section message and image once to display these items once at the beginning of the section.
- Select Repeat section message and image before each question to repeat both the message and image before each question in the section.