Getting Your Course Set Up with MyLabs
Send an email to VTAC@lonestar.edu or start a chat using the VTAC-Live Chat tool. Include a list of the courses, complete with section numbers and terms, in which you wish to use MyLabs.
Linking Pearson MyLab/Mastering to a D2L Course
- Make sure that you are not logged in to Pearson MyLabs.
- If you opened Pearson MyLabs previously, please close your browser and reopen to be sure you are not still logged in.
- Open your course in D2L.
- Go to Content and choose the module where you want to insert the Pearson Tools
- Add a module to your course and give it a name (e.g., "MyLab Links").
- In your new module, click the Add Existing Activities button, and select Third-party Integrations.
- Click the Pearson MyLab and Mastering Tools launch link.NOTE: If this option does not display, then the course has not been configured for Pearson MyLabs. See the Getting Your Course Set Up with MyLabs section above for information about getting your course configured.
- Click the Pearson MyLab and Mastering Tools launch link that is now present in your content module.
- Click Continue in the pop-up window (if prompted).
- Click the Pearson MyLabs and Mastering link.
- Click I Accept.
- Sign in with your Pearson account.
- Your course is now linked with Pearson. Click the Get Started! button.
- Click Get Started again on the next screen.
- Search from the catalog to find your book and select it to build a course, or select a course you've already created.
- Fill out the form for your course and click Create Course.
- Close your browser tab or window. You will receive an email when your course is ready.
- Return to D2L and click Course Management then Course Builder.
- Drag the "Pearson Links" icon to the module where you want to add the links.
- Check the boxes for the content you wish to add to your course and click Add to course.
- Click Content on the navbar and choose the module you created to view the links you added.
- Click on the Bulk Edit button at the top of the screen.
- Make sure each link is marked as "Open as External Resource."
- Click the Done Editing button at the top of the screen.