You can add a virtual meeting to your course using the WebEx integration in D2L. You can do this in the content area. This will allow you to meet with your students in a synchronous setting where you can use webcams or microphones to speak to each other.
To Insert the WebEx Meeting Tool in Your Content
- Click on the module where you would like to insert the WebEx tool.
- Click on Add Existing Activities and choose Third-party Integrations.
- Choose WebEx from the menu.
- A WebEx topic will be added to your module.
- Click on the topic to enter the WebEx tool. The software may spend a few moments setting up your account with WebEx. Once this is complete, click on Back to Calendar at the bottom of the screen.
- You will see the upcoming events screen and the options for creating new events.
- To create a new meeting, click on the Schedule more events button.
- Fill in all appropriate fields. Choose which account you want to use (you can always use the Meeting Center). Click the Schedule button.
- Once you have scheduled an event, it will show up on your calendar.
- At 15 minutes prior to the start time, the Prepare button will turn into a Host button. Click the Host button to start your meeting. Students will see a Join button.
- You can also set up a quick launch event by clicking on the Quick launch new event button. This is useful if you want to start a meeting that begins immediately.
- Name your event and choose which account you want to use (you can always use the Meeting Center). Click on a duration time for the event.
- Click the Launch button to start your meeting.
Using the Collaboration Link to Create WebEx Meetings
- Click the Collaboration link in the navbar and choose WebEx.
- You will see the WebEx calendar for the entire course. You can schedule meetings from here, and students can access them from here. You can choose to use the tool from this location instead of adding it to your content.