Use this feature to exempt one or more students from the restrictions on dates, times, or number of attempts in a quiz. Use this to provide for ADA accommodations.
Adding Special Access
- From the navbar, select Course Activities and choose Quizzes.
- Click the name of the quiz.
- Select the Restrictions tab.
- Scroll down to the Special Access section, and click the Add Users to Special Access button.
- If you want a student to have extended dates to take the quiz, enter in the dates you would like.
- If you want to change the time limits or late behavior of the quiz, make your changes in the Timing section of the Special Access page.
- If you want to override the number of attempts allowed (for example, a student had computer problems and you want to allow him to have another attempt at the test), select the Override attempts allowed checkbox. Then set the number of attempts, and the advanced attempt conditions if desired.
- Scroll down to the Users section, and use the check boxes to select the students to have the Special Access.
- Click the Add Special Access button.
- Click the Save and Close button.
- Review dates and times of the quiz to make sure you have only changed them for the students with special access. Click the Pencil icon next to a name to edit that students special access settings. Click the X next to the students name to remove their special access to the quiz.