Using GradeMark for assignment submissions
- On the Turnitin tab, enable GradeMark by checking the box next to "Enable Grademark® for this folder." Under the transfer options, click the radio button you'd like to use:
- Automatically sync grades as Draft in Brightspace - this will allow Grademark to automatically push grades to D2L, but they will be in draft mode.
- Manually sync grades as Draft in Brightspace - this requires you to manually push the grades to D2L.
- If you want to use the Originality Check function, click on the checkbox next to "Enable Originality Check® for this folder."NOTE: "Enable Originality Check® for this folder" is selected by default when you enable Grademark. If "Enable Originality Check® for this folder" is not checked before any papers are submitted, originality reports will not be generated for any submissions, even if you click the checkbox later.
Open an assignment submission in GradeMark
- On the Folder Submissions page, click the GradeMark pencil icon next to the submission.
- Add comments, highlight text, save, and print your GradeMark report using the available tools in the menu bar.
TIP: For more detailed help with GradeMark functionality, click the Help menu icon on the GradeMark screen.
Files compatible with GradeMark
The following file types are compatible with GradeMark:
- MS Word (.doc, .docx)
- WordPerfect (.wpd)
- PostScript (.ps)
- Acrobat (.pdf files that have highlightable text; no image files)
- HTML (.htm, .html)
- Rich text (.rtf)
- Plain text (.txt)
If you would like to use Turnitin from the Turnitin.com website rather than through the integration with D2L, please contact VTAC.