Getting Your Course Set Up with Connect
- Optional Setup Step - Create a Sandbox for content only, that does not contain any McGraw-Hill Connect links.
This sandbox would act as a master course template, since copying sections that have been integrated with McGraw-Hill Connect is not recommended.
- Send an email to VTAC@lonestar.edu or start a chat using the VTAC-Live Chat tool.
- Include a list of the courses, complete with section numbers and terms, in which you wish to use McGraw-Hill Connect. Specify whether you want a standard Connect integration or if you would like the deep-link integration. You cannot have both the standard and the deep-link integration.
- Copy your sandbox content into your D2L course.
- See Copy Course Components for instructions on how to copy your course content.
The standard Connect integration(McGraw-Hill Campus Gateway Connect) provides a link in your course that will take your students into the course you have built in Connect, and they can navigate through the course there. The deep-linking integration (McGraw-Hill Connect Launch) will allow you to link to a specific activity within your Connect course. You cannot use both integrations in a single D2L course.
Adding standard McGraw-Hill Connect Content to Your D2L Course
- Open your course in D2L.
- Go to Content and select the module where you want to insert the McGraw-Hill Connect.
- Add a module to your course and give it a name (e.g., "McGraw-Hill Connect").
- In your new module, click the Add Existing Activities button, and select Third-party Integrations.
- Click the McGraw-Hill Campus Gateway Connect link that appears.
- You will now see "McGraw-Hill Campus Gateway Connect" has been added as a Third-party Integration under your Table of Contents. Choose that option to add it to your course. Make sure that it is set to open as an external resource.
Adding the McGraw-Hill Connect Deep-Link Integration
McGraw-Hill connect now allows for deep-linking of content into your course. See the following videos for how to set that up for your online course. You cannot, in this case, choose the "Open as external link" or the deep-link will not work.
The following are instructions for copying your course containing a Connect integration.