Adding the McGraw-Hill Connect Deep-Link Integration
McGraw-Hill connect now allows for deep-linking of content into your course. See the following videos for how to set that up for your online course. You cannot, in this case, choose the "Open as external link" or the deep-link will not work.
The following are instructions for copying your course containing a Connect integration.
McGraw-Hill SIMnet (Keep I. T. SIMple!)
McGraw-Hill SIMnet (Keep I.T. SIMple!) is an easy-to-use online training and assessment solution for Microsoft Office. It provides students with life-long access and unlimited practice on Microsoft Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint in addition to file management, and operating systems content.
Adding McGraw-Hill SIMnet Content to Your D2L Course
- Open your course in D2L.
- Go to Content and select the module where you want to insert the McGraw-Hill SIMnet (for example, add a module and give it a name (e.g., "McGraw-Hill SIMnet").
- In your module, click the Add Existing Activities button, and select Third-party Integrations.
- Select the McGraw-Hill SIMnet link. Mcgraw-Hill SIMnet displays in the module. Be sure the link is NOT set to open as an external resource.
Integrating McGraw-Hill SIMnet with D2L
You can find the integration video here.
Copying Courses with McGraw-Hill SIMnet Content
- Copy your D2L course; do not rename the SIMnet assignments in the copied D2L courses.
- Copy your SIMnet section from the SIMnet Master course; do not rename the SIMnet assignments in the copied SIMnet sections.
- Pair your D2L course to your SIMnet section.
- Go to the SIMnet tool in D2L and click "Re-link Assignments."
- If you want to change assignment names or dates, make the change in SIMnet and they will automatically flow back to D2L.
- Any grade adjustments for an assignment should also be made in the SIMnet gradebook and will automatically flow back to the D2L gradebook.
Adding the Legacy McGraw-Hill Connect Content to Your D2L Course
Getting Your Course Set Up
- Send an email to VTAC@lonestar.edu or start a chat using the VTAC-Live Chat tool.
- Include a list of the courses, complete with section numbers and terms, in which you wish to use McGraw-Hill Connect. Specify that you want the legacy McGraw-Hill Connect integration.
The legacy integration(McGraw-Hill Campus Gateway Connect) provides a link in your course that will take your students into the course you have built in Connect, and they can navigate through the course there.
Adding McGraw-Hill Content to Your D2L Course
- Open your course in D2L.
- Go to Content and select the module where you want to insert the McGraw-Hill Connect.
- Add a module to your course and give it a name (e.g., "McGraw-Hill Connect").
- In your new module, click the Add Existing Activities button, and select Third-party Integrations.
- Click the McGraw-Hill Campus Gateway Connect link that appears.
- You will now see "McGraw-Hill Campus Gateway Connect" has been added as a Third-party Integration under your Table of Contents. Choose that option to add it to your course. Make sure that it is set to open as an external resource.