Getting Your Course Set Up
- Send an email to VTAC@lonestar.edu.
- Include a list of the courses, complete with course ID, section numbers and terms, in which you want to use Top Hat.
Adding Top Hat Content
Once the integration has been set up in your course, use the following steps to add content to your course.
- Click on the Add Existing Activities button in a content module and choose Third-party Integrations.
- Click on Top Hat Registration.
- Click on the arrow next to the Top Hat Registration link and select Edit Properties In-place.
- Check the box to Open as External Resource.
- Click on the arrow next to the Top Hat Registration linked and click View Topic.
- Click the Log in button.
- Make sure you select Lone Star College as the school. Do not select a specific campus. Log in with your LSC email and Top Hat password.
- For Top Hat Basic accounts, select the Top Hat course you want to pair with D2L and click Connect.
- Top Hat Pro accounts require different pairing instructions.
Copy Top Hat Content from One Course/Semester to Another
- Top Hat needs to be enabled in each new course.
- The Top Hat link copies into the new course with no issue.
Contact Top Hat Support.