D2L Assignments contain a built-in annotation toolbar that allows faculty to highlight, draw, create shapes, and write comments on student submissions.
- From the Assignments listing, click the arrow beside the Assignment folder and select Edit Folder.
- On the right-hand side of that page, locate and select Evaluation & Feedback; check Make annotation tools available for assessment.
- Click Save and Close.
Accessing Annotations in a Student Submission
- From the Assignment Folders page, click the folder to view its submissions.
- Click the Title of the student submission.
- Annotation tools will appear in the upper left and right sides of the document viewer. Click on each tool to enable and use it.
- Follow these video instructions for using annotations.
- Follow these video instructions to grade submissions in assignments.