- Go to Course Activities > Quizzes.
- Click the arrow next to the quiz, and then select Grade.
- If the attempt in question has already been completed, proceed to step 4.
If the student’s quiz attempt is currently in progress:
- Click Show Search Options to display the Restrict to field.
- From the Restrict to drop-down box, select Users who have an attempt in progress.
- Click the magnifying glass to search.
- Select the box next to the submission to reset, and click the Reset option.
- A confirmation pop-up window displays. Click the Yes button.
NOTE: You can view the attempt before you decide to delete it by clicking on Attempt #. You can also force the submission by clicking on the impersonate icon; for more instruction see Submit a Quiz Stuck "In Progress."