Instructors often have supporting documents or other files that the students need to complete an assignment. These files can be worksheets to be completed, essay prompts, image files, or any other file necessary to complete the assignment. These files can be attached to the Assignment. The students will be able to download and save them.
Attaching a File to An Assignment
- Click the dropdown next to the Assignment you want to attach a file to and select "Edit Folder."
- Scroll down to the area that says "Attached Files."
- You will see the options to Add Attachment, Record Audio, and Record Video.
- Click on the Add Attachment button.
- In the drop-down list, choose File, Link or Existing Activity.
If you choose "File" and want to add a document on your computer:
- Click on My Computer.
- Click on the Upload button.
- Choose the files that you want to add to the assignment (you can add as many files as you like).
- Click Open.
- Wait until the files finish loading.
- Click the blue Add button at the bottom left of the window.
- All of your attached files will now be listed below Attachments.
- To delete a file, simply click the ‘X’ beside it.
If you choose "Link:"
- Enter the full URL (which must contain the prefix "http://" or "https://").
- You can get the full link by copying the link from the address bar in your browser.
- Enter the name of the link.
- Click Insert.
- To delete a URL, simply click the red ‘X’ beside it.
If you choose "Existing Activity:"
- Select the tool category from the Insert Quicklink window that contains the item that you want to add.
- Select the individual item from the next Insert Quicklink window.
- In the next Insert Quicklink window, you may edit the Title to be a meaningful link.
- To delete a tool, simply click the red ‘X’ beside it.
- Click Save and Close.