Respondus Lockdown Browser ensures the integrity of your exam by limiting what students can do while they are using browser. You can find an overview LockDown browses features and instructor resources on the Respondus website.
Respondus Monitor is a proctoring service that records students via their webcams, but does not provide live proctoring. Respondus provides an overview of Monitor features, as well as a host of instructor resources.
Locating the Dashboard
- Go into your course and click Course Activities > Quizzes.
- Click the LockDown Browser tab.
- Select play on the Video Tutorial or click Continue to LockDown Browser. If you chose to watch the Video Tutorial, click Continue to LockDown Browser when finished. The page that opens lists all the quizzes in your course.
Setting Up Your Quizzes in the Dashboard
- After the dashboard is open, find the quiz to modify.
- Click the drop-down arrow in front of the quiz name and select Settings.
- Under LockDown Browser Settings, select the radio button Require Respondus LockDown Browser for this exam. This will expand the basic setting options. Optionally, check the box for Require LockDown Browser to view feedback and results.
- Under Password Settings, enter a password if you want to allow proctoring through a testing center as an alternative.
Under Monitor Webcam Settings, select the desired setting.
Click [ + ] Advanced Settings to expand the LockDown Browser advanced settings menu. Choose desired options.
NOTE: We do not recommend using the iPad app for LockDown Browser. There are some issues with its use and it does not provide the same kind of security that LockDown Browser on a computer does.
- If you select one of the Monitor options, edit the Startup Sequence only if you are sure what you want to change. The default settings are adequate in most cases. Click [ + ] Advanced Settings to expand the Monitor Webcam advanced settings menu and choose your desired options.
- Click the Save + Close button.
NOTE: If you copy quizzes requiring LockDown Browser from one semester to the next, you must visit the LockDown Browser Dashboard at the beginning of each semester in order to "reset" the quizzes. If you don't open the Dashboard screen, the quizzes may not open for your students. You may need to do this every time you copy a quiz into the course.
Setting Up Pearson MyLab Courses in the Dashboard
- In your D2L course, navigate to the LockDown Browser Dashboard.
- The Resources page appears unless "Do not show this page again" has been checked.
If you cannot find the Resources page, you may have dismissed that page. To get it back click on the word Resources in the upper right corner of the page.
- Then choose the "Other Systems" tab.
- Expand the section for "Pearson MyLab" and copy the code shown (the code is unique for each instructor).
- Return to the MyLab course and use “Enter Code” to complete the linking (see image below).
Setting Up McGraw-Hill ALEKS Courses in the Dashboard
The integration of LockDown Browser and Monitor is maintained within your ALEKS Course. Therefore, if you need support for your instance, contact your ALEKS representative.