Grading Activities can include— but not limited to— assignments and quizzes. To link the Grading Activity with a specific Grade Item in the Gradebook, you want to link from the Grading Activity to the grade item. In this example, the Grading Activity is an assignment.
- Head to the Assignment that you wish to link to a Grade Item. Click on the drop-down menu and select [Edit Folder].
- Currently since the assignment is not linked to any grade item. the box below should show [Not in Grade Book].
- For best practice, it is advised to Create the Grade Item in the Gradebook first. In this example, we are linking the assignment to an existing Grade Item. Select [Edit or Link to Existing].
- Click on [Link to an existing grade item], select the existing grade item you want to link to, then select [OK] at the bottom.
- When done, this box should now show [In Grade Book]. The assignment is now linked with a grade item in the Gradebook. The ribbon icon indicates that the Grading Activity is now linked with a Grade Item.
D2L Brightspace Tutorials:
How to Associate an Activity with a Grade Item