See Connect a Rubric to a Discussion Topic, for information on how to connect a rubric to your discussion.
- Go to Collaboration > Discussions.
- Click the dropdown arrow next to the topic to access the context menu, and click on Assess Topic.
- Click on Topic Score below a student's name. The rubric opens in a popup window and brings up all of the student’s posts for this topic below the rubric.
- Select the score for each criterion.
- If you wish to publish the score on saving, check "Publish score on save" found below the score at the top of the rubric.
- Click Save and Close.
Publish a topic score to the Gradebook
- On the Discussions List Page click Assess Topic from the context menu of the topic you want to assess.
- Click on "Topic Score" underneath the student you wish to grade.
- Select the number of points and click Save and Close.
- Check the box in the Publish to Grades column beside each student whose score you want to release, then click Save or Save and Close.