See Connect a Rubric to an Assignment for information on connecting a rubric to your assignment.
You can evaluate a student's assignment submission using a rubric associated with the assignment folder. For each associated rubric, you can grade each student based on set criteria, and you can also provide additional feedback in the text box.
OPT-IN Consistent Evaluation Experience: Discussions
Preview or revert to the legacy experience.
- Click Course Activities on the navbar and select Assignments.
- Select the assignment folder and click the submission under the student's name to grade.
- Click the rubric listed ("Rubric for Literature Review" in the image below) or the "Assess All Rubrics" icon under Evaluation on the lower-right of the student's assignment. The rubric opens in a popup window.
- In the rubric, click a criterion for each level. If you want to leave feedback for each criterion, click "Add Feedback" under the criterion description.
- When you are done with the rubric, click the Close button.
- The score will be transferred from the rubric to the Score field. If you would like to include any general feedback, enter it in the Feedback field.
- Click the Publish button if you would like to immediately publish or Save Draft if you do not want to publish. If you have not scored every criteria in the rubric, you will receive a warning that the rubric is incomplete. You can choose Cancel to go back and complete the rubric or publish anyway.
- Incomplete Rubrics will display some details regarding their incomplete status.