If your quizzes do not automatically publish to the gradebook, it is likely because the Assessment tab for the quiz is not configured correctly.
Configuring a Quiz to Publish Grades
- From the quiz's Assessment Tab, make sure you have linked the quiz to a grade item. You will do this in the Grade Item drop-down menu.
- Make sure the [Allow attempt to be set as graded immediately upon completion] checkbox is selected.
- Make sure the [Allow automatic export to grades] checkbox is selected.
- If you change the configuration of the Assessments Tab after students have taken the quiz, those students' grades will not be published. You must publish them manually.
NOTE: If you only check only the [Allow automatic export to grades] setting after students have taken the quiz, and [Allow attempt to be set as graded immediately upon completion] was already checked, then you will NOT have to manually publish grades.
Publishing Quiz Grades Manually
- Click [Course Activities] > [Quizzes].
- Click the arrow next to the quiz, and select [Grade].
- Click the select all box on the list of names to select the attempts to publish and click [Publish Feedback].
- The grades will now indicate Published.
- If you do not wish to publish the grades, click [Retract Feedback] to remove Published status and return the grade to a Draft state.
Quiz Grades Not Publishing to Gradebook
When changes are made to the Assessment tab of a quiz after student submissions are made, those changes will not apply to the existing submissions. The result is that the grades for the existing submissions will not be automatically published to the gradebook. In these cases, instructors must manually publish the existing quiz grades.
Manually Publish Quiz Grades
- Click Course Activities > Quizzes.
- Click the drop-down menu next to the quiz title, and then select Grade.
- Check the Select All checkbox at the top of the select column, and then click Publish Feedback above the list of names.
- Click the Yes button on the resulting pop-up window to complete the publication of grades.