Quality Matters offers several professional development opportunities as webinars and/or workshops. The "Applying the Quality Matters Rubric (APPMQR)" workshop is being offered periodically within the system by Lone Star College facilitators, either in face-to-face, virtual, or online format.
This page provides directions for enrolling in APPQMR and other QM sessions.
How can I enroll in an APPQMR session offered by LSC?
- Create an account with Quality Matters on the myQM website using the Institution/Organization Name of "Lone Star College System-TX". For step-by-step directions, see the account creation guide.
- Log into myQM.
- In the left menu, locate Workshop-Register and click the plus (+) symbol to view more options.
- Click on Dedicated Training in the menu.
- Find the session you are interested in attending. For Location, sessions may be listed as "Lone Star College", "Virtual", or "Online". Verify the Facilitator is a Lone Star College facilitator.
NOTE: Current facilitators are Alex Suchon, Sunnye Pruden, and Ericka Landry.
- Sessions listed with "Lone Star College" or "Virtual" for location are delivered synchronously, either in two half-day sessions or one full-day session. Attendance and participation is required for the entirety of the session in order to successfully complete the workshop.
"Virtual" sessions will require a microphone and camera to participate.
- "Online" sessions are delivered asynchronously over 2-3 weeks and require you to meet assignment expectations to successfully complete the workshop. A technology fee is required for all online sessions, and is invoiced to the college at session end. Due to facilitator time constraints, LSC offers "Online" sessions on a limited basis, and encourages the face-to-face or virtual option.
- On the left, click the blue Register link of the session you want to attend.
- Finish your enrollment by clicking the Submit Training Registration button.
- You will receive a confirmation of registration on screen and via email.
NOTE: Lone Star College is invoiced for certain enrollments in Dedicated Trainings. If you accidentally enroll in a session or need to change your enrollment, please cancel your registration as soon as possible. For information about enrolling in other Quality Matters Trainings, see "How can I enroll in other Quality Matters Trainings?" below.
I can't see the Dedicated Training sessions! Help!
In your myQM account, confirm the Institution selected is "Lone Star College System-TX" from My Account > Change My Affiliation.
How can I enroll in other Quality Matters Trainings?
Other than the free webinars, all Quality Matters Trainings have associated fees. If you are interested in a session that has a fee, please fill out the Quality Matters Enrollment Request Form, located on the VTAC Support page or see NOTE below.
- Log into myQM.
- Expand Workshop-Register menu by clicking the plus (+) symbol to view more options.
- Click on QM Training to view all sessions being offered by Quality Matters, or Dedicated Training to view discounted sessions available with our membership.
- Click the blue Register link of the session you want to attend.
- Complete the registration steps for your selected session.
NOTE: If you are interested in a session that has a fee and must be paid by invoice, please fill out the Quality Matters Enrollment Request Form, located on the VTAC Support page, under the Learning heading, in the Training box. Be prepared to provide a budget and budget authority contact when completing the form.
- Any QM Training can be paid by credit card at a individual's discretion.