Special Access Permissions
Special access permissions allow you to set different availability dates and times for specific users. For example, you could extend the deadline for users who require remedial help or who are submitting work beyond the original scope of the Assignment folder. You can also add special access after an Assignment folder’s end date has passed for students who have a legitimate excuse for missing the deadline or for students you want to submit additional material, such as planning notes or a bibliography.
Add special access permissions to an Assignment folder.
- On the New Folder or Edit Folder page, click on the Restrictions tab.
- Select one of the following:
- Allow users with special access to submit files outside the normal availability dates for this folder.
- Allow only users with special access to see this folder.
- Click Add Users to Special Access.NOTE: Assignment folder availability dates appear by default in Calendar. If you delete the Assignment folder, its availability dates disappear from the course calendar. If you restore the Assignment folder, its availability dates reappear in the course calendar.
- On the Special Access page, select the Date Availability you want special access users to have.
- Use the Search For field to locate the users you want to give special access to.
- Select the check box beside each appropriate user’s name.
- Click Save.
Edit or delete special access
Once you have added special access permissions for students they are listed in the Special Access section. You can edit or delete students’ special access by clicking the Edit or Remove special access icons beside their names.