LSC-Online and some Lone Star College campuses have a lightboard available to help you create more engaging videos for your online courses. Watch the demo video below to see a lightboard in action.
For more information about which campuses have a lightboard available to faculty, please visit the Multimedia Services page.
Tips for Using a Lightboard:
- Wear dark colored clothing.
- Avoid clothing with a busy pattern – solid colors work best.
- Avoid clothing with text or a logo - it will be displayed backwards!
- Do not show any paper documents with text – it will be displayed backwards!
- When writing on the board, leave an empty area for your face so the viewer can easily see your expressions.
- The neon ink is more difficult to erase than regular dry erase marker ink. It is best to edit out the parts when you erase the glass.
- Note: A teleprompter cannot be used in conjunction with a lightboard.