If students have trouble accessing your quiz using LockDown Browser, check the following:
The current version of LockDown Browser should be 2.0.2.05. Instruct students to contact the Service Desk if this is not the version you have.
- Students should always access the quiz through Content (or the Manage Quizzes page but that is not recommended). If students try to access the quiz through the link in the Update widget from the course homepage, they could get an error.
- After a course copy, faculty must access the LockDown Browser Dashboard to resynchronize all the settings. If you do not access the LockDown Browser Dashboard before the students take a quiz requiring LDB, your students may see the following error:
The solution is simply to access the LockDown Browser Dashboard by going to Course Activities > Quizzes > LockDown Browser tab.
- If the title of the quiz is changed after the LDB settings are established, the Fix It button will return and have to be clicked again to resolve issues.
What to Try Now
- From the navbar, select Course Activities, and then select Quizzes.
- Select the LockDown Browser tab. The LockDown Browser Dashboard listing of all quizzes displays. Indicate if they have LockDown browser or Monitor enabled.
- If you see an alert asking you "Application Respondus v4.0 by Respondus Inc is trying to access your information. Would you like to proceed?" select the checkbox for Do not ask me again for this application, and then click the Continue button.
- If you see the Fix It button listed on a quiz, click it, as it fixes settings with errors.
- If you see Required in green, everything is good.