There are two ways to randomize quiz questions. Use the directions below based on how you want to randomize your questions:
- If you want to deliver a randomized subset of a question pool, follow the instructions for Randomizing a Subset of Questions Within a Quiz.
- If you want to deliver all the questions but deliver them randomly, follow the instructions for Shuffle Option for Randomizing Quiz Questions Throughout a Quiz.
Randomizing a Subset of Questions Within a Quiz
Random sections pull questions from a designated pool of questions. To import questions from the Questions Library, see Use the Question Library.
- Click Course Activities > Quizzes.
- From the Manage Quizzes page, click the quiz to add a random section to or create a new quiz.
- From the Properties tab, click the Add/Edit Questions button.
- Click the New button, and then select Question Pool.
- Enter a Question Pool Title, such as "Chapter 1 Randomized." This name describes the purpose of the folder.
- Enter the number of questions you will be delivering in this quiz and enter the point value of each question.NOTE: All questions within a random section are assigned the same points value.
- Click the Browse Question Library button.
- If you do not see what you want to import, click on the Source dropdown list on the upper right to select a different question library or quiz.
- In the Source drop-down list, choose the Question Library (for all questions in the question library) or a specific question library or quiz that contains the questions you want to use.
- Select the questions you want to import and click the Add button at the bottom of the page. Click the triangle to expand the library and see individual questions.
- Click the Save button at the bottom of the page.
- The completed Question Pool has an icon containing 3 blue question marks.
- Click Done Editing Questions at the top right of the screen to return to the quiz.
- Click Save and Close.
Shuffle Option for Randomizing Quiz Questions Throughout a Quiz
- From the Manage Quizzes page, either click on the quiz you want to randomize questions in or create a new quiz.
- From the Properties tab, select the Shuffle order of questions at the quiz level checkbox.
- After you have selected the checkbox, click Save. The shuffle icon now displays next to each question.