These are the steps to follow once an emergency is preventing access to campus. Click the icon following each item for instructions. See Using Instructional Technologies for Traditional Classroom Contingency Planning for more details, training and rationale. Print this page to use as a checklist.
Merge secondary Brightspace courses, such as labs, into one course by Synchronizing Rosters.
- Amend the syllabus.
- Email students about changes using LSCS email through the Class Roster in myLoneStar
- Search for [Class Roster] and [Email] in iStar Info & Help search box.
- Place an announcement in the "News" widget.
- Email students via Brightspace email.
- Create a General Questions discussion topic to answer students' questions and reduce the number of emails throughout the term.
Lecture with Brightspace
- Upload and publish content in Brightspace. Use the Content page to make course files such as your syllabus or course notes available to students.
- Add Modules.
- Add content to modules.
- Create electronic copies of materials. Then upload materials for easy retrieval or email directly to students.
- Record lectures using Brightspace Capture. Instructors can use a headset and computer to easily record audio on top of their PowerPoint slides and store them in Brightspace Capture Central.
- Create grade categories in Brightspace Grades.
- Create grade items in Brightspace Grades.
Assignments & Exam Alternatives
- Create dropboxes in your Brightspace course for submission of papers and projects.
- Create quizzes.
- Create discussions in your Brightspace course to facilitate discussion on a variety of topics.
Get More Training
- Go to myWorkshops through myLonestar for more information about ongoing training sessions.
- Determine if guidance to students regarding the use of alternative technologies is needed: Brightspace Resources for Students