Course images are used for the My Courses Widget, the course image banner, and D2L Pulse app. When you customize your course image, it adds more personality to your course and makes it easier for your students to find in their course list. By default, D2L selects an image for your course. You have two options to change the course image: 1) Change Image or 2) under Course Offering Information.
To select an image from the D2L library:
- Click on the Options menu on the course image and select Change Image.
- On the Change Image screen, use the search field to find images that relate to your course.
- Hover over the image you want and click Use this Image to change the course image.
Course Offering Information
The Course Offering Information page allows you to upload your own course image and display the image in a banner on the course homepage. To access the Course Offering Information screen, click on the Options menu on the course and select Course Offering Information.
To upload your own course image:
- Click the Browse button.
- Choose My Computer.
- On the next screen, either click the Upload button to browse for an image on your computer or drag an image into the box.
- After your image has finished processing, click the Add button.
- The image you uploaded will display under the Course Image heading back on the Course Offering Information screen. In order for the image you uploaded to appear as the course image, you must click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
Change Text on Banner Image
You can change the homepage banner image title or it can be deleted to display no title.
- Click on the Options menu on the course and select Course Offering Information.
- Scroll down to Course Offering Name field, change the title to the text you want.
- Click Save in the footer.