NOTE: Content imported into a course shell will NEVER overwrite or delete existing content. For example, if content from a course is copied into a shell multiple times, the content will be duplicated for each attempt instead of replacing the previous content. Tracking data, student records, personal data and grades are not included when copying.
This function is used to import properly formatted Desire2Learn packages such as e-packs, test banks, or course packages exported from the Export Components tool.
- Enter the course which will be receiving the content and click Edit Course in the navbar, then click Import/Export/Copy Components.
- Select Import Components and from a course package
- Click Start.
- Click Upload and select the desired content package or drag the file into the drop zone within the dotted lines.
NOTE: The file will be a zipped (compressed) file similar to the image at right.
- Click on Import All Components or click on Advanced Options if you don’t want all the components imported.
- If you click on Import All Components, the process will be completed without further input from you. Green check marks will appear when the process has completed successfully.
- Click Continue.
- If you choose Advanced Options,
- After you see the green checks, click Continue.
- Use the checkbox next to the file you want to import.
- You can opt to have Brightspace import all components within the selected file or only specific items. That option can be useful if only some of the package contents are needed.
- Additional Advance Options are optional
- "Import file to:" This field may be left blank or a new or existing folder location can be specified.NOTE: This only affects imports which have files that will be placed in the File Manager.
- "Import file to:" This field may be left blank or a new or existing folder location can be specified.
- "When an existing file is encountered:" This is the only import function which will overwrite data, and it is only able to overwrite duplicate files, not content. The default is ‘Do not overwrite the existing file’, but you can change this setting if you wish. You should only change this setting if you are sure you no longer need any files with the same name as those which are being imported.
- Import metadata: Metadata is used for categorizing LOR (Learning Object Repository) content. It is good practice to select this option.
- Click Continue.
- Click Continue again to confirm the import options.
- Green check marks will appear when the process has completed successfully. Click Continue to complete the import process.