Random sections pull questions from a designated pool of questions. Questions must be imported into Random Sections from the Question Library. If you have no questions in the Question Library, they can be imported from existing quizzes or created there. You cannot create new questions within random section folders. See Using the Question Library for help with this.
Create a random section in a quiz
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click on the quiz you want to add a random section to or create a new quiz.
- Click Add/Edit Questions on the Properties tab.
- Click New, then select Random Section.
- Enter a Section Name, such as "Randomize Ch 1." This will let you know the purpose of the folder.
- Click Save.
- Click on the random section you just created.
- Click Import.
- In the Source Section drop-down list, choose the Collection Root or a specific section/folder where existing questions reside.
- Select the questions you want to import and click the white Save button.
- Enter the Questions per attempt you want each user to see from the random section.
- Enter the points value for each question in the Points
each field.NOTE: All questions within a random section are assigned the same points value.
- Click Save at the top left of the screen, and then click Done Editing Questions at the top right of the screen.