Random sections pull questions from a designated pool of questions. To import questions from the Questions Library, see Using the Question Library.
Two Ways to Randomize
If you wish to randomize the questions of several chapters, follow Randomizing Distinct Groups of Questions within a quiz. If you want to randomize all the questions throughout the quiz, follow Shuffle Option for Randomizing Quiz Questions Throughout the Quiz.
Randomizing Distinct Groups of Questions within a quiz.
- On the Manage Quizzes page, click on the quiz you want to add a random section to or create a new quiz.
- Click Add/Edit Questions on the Properties tab.
- Click New, then select Random Section.
- Enter a Section Name, such as "Randomize Ch 1." This will let you know the purpose of the folder.
- Click Save.
- Click on the random section you just created.
- Click Import.
- In the Source Section drop-down list, choose the Collection Root or a specific section/folder where existing questions reside.
- Select the questions you want to import and click the white Save button.
- Enter the number of Questions per attempt that you want each student to see from the random section.
- Enter the points value for each question in the Points each field.
NOTE: All questions within a random section are assigned the same points value.
- Click Save at the top left of the screen, and then click Done Editing Questions at the top right of the screen.
Shuffle Option for Randomizing Quiz Questions Throughout the Quiz
- Select "Shuffle order of questions at the quiz level."
- Once you have checked the box, click save. The shuffle icon now appears next to each question.