Getting Your Course Set Up with MyLabs
- Optional Setup Step - Create a Sandbox for Content Only
This sandbox would act as a master course template, since copying sections that have been integrated with Pearson MyLabs is not recommended.
- Send an email to VTAC@lonestar.edu or start a chat using the VTAC-Live Chat tool.
- Include a list of the courses, complete with section numbers and terms, in which you wish to use MyLabs.
- Copy your sandbox content into your Brightspace course.
- See Copy Course Components for instructions on how to copy your course content.
Linking Pearson MyLab/Mastering to a Brightspace Course
- Make sure that you are not logged in to Pearson MyLabs.
- If you opened Pearson MyLabs previously, please close your browser and reopen to be sure you are not still logged in.
- Open your course in Brightspace.
- Click on Edit Course and then click Course Builder.
- Add a module to your course and give it a name (i.e., "MyLab Links").
- Drag the "Pearson Tools" icon into the new module you just created.
NOTE: If this option does not display, then the course has not been configured for Pearson MyLabs. See the first section for information about getting your course configured.
- Click Continue in the pop-up window (if prompted).
- Click on "Pearson's MyLabs and Mastering."
- Click Select a MyLab and Mastering product to use with this course.
- Click I Accept.
- Sign in with your Pearson account.
- Your course is now linked with Pearson.
- Click Get Started!
- Search for your book.
- Click Select Course Materials to the right of your book.
- Fill out the form for your book.
- Leave the course start date set to the current date (autopopulated); otherwise, you will not be able to access the course materials from within Brightspace yet.
- Click Continue.
- Click Close Window and return to the Course Builder.
- Drag the "Pearson Links" icon to the module you created in Step 5.
NOTE: If the Pearson icon does not show in your course, then the course has not been configured for Pearson MyLabs. See the first section for information about getting your course configured.
- Check the box Do not ask me again for this application and click Continue.
- Check the boxes for the content you wish to add to your course.
- Click Add to Course to return to the Course Builder.
- Drag the Create a Link icon into the same module you created in Step 5.
- In the new window that opens, select External Learning Tools.
- Select MyLab and Mastering Tools.
- Leave all default values then click Save.
- Your MyLab/Mastering course is now linked and you can navigate to the module you created from the Content page to view the links you've added.