Organize your dropbox folders into categories to make it easier for users to navigate to the appropriate folder. For example, you can create separate categories for course units, summative projects, bonus assignments, and individual submissions.
Create a Dropbox Category
- On the Dropbox Folders page, click New Folder. (If you have a dropbox created, click Edit Folder from the dropdown menu on an existing dropbox.)
- Click the New Category link beside the Category field.
- Enter a Name for the new category.
- Click Save.
Create a Dropbox Folder
Students submit their work to a dropbox folder. Information you create in the dropbox folder about evaluation methodology, details about rubric assessments, associations with learning objectives, instructions, and clarifications on work expectations appear to users in the "Folder Information" area on the Submit Files page.
- On the Dropbox Folders page, click New Folder.
- Enter a Name.
- Select a Folder Type:
- Individual submission folder Select this option if you want each user to have their own submission.
- Group submission folder Select this option if you want one submission per group. You must associate the folder with a Group Category.
- Select from the Category drop-down list if you want to assign a category. You can click the New Category link to create a new category.
NOTE: Group submission areas are marked on the Dropbox Folders page with the Group Submissions icon. Any group member can submit and view files for a group dropbox folder.
- Associate the dropbox folder with a Grade Item if you want submissions tied to an item in your grade book. If you have no grade item, click the New Grade Item link to create a new grade item for the dropbox folder.
- Enter a value in the Out Of field for the assignment score.
IMPORTANT: If you associate the folder with a grade item, maintain consistency and avoid confusion for your students by matching the value of the Out Of field to the grade item's Max. Points value.
- Once you associate the dropbox folder with a grade item, you can click Edit Display Settings from the Student View Preview context menu to edit how grades display to students.
- Click Add Rubric to associate the dropbox folder with a rubric. Click the Create Rubric in New Window link if you want to create a new rubric. You can also select an existing rubric and set it as the Default Scoring Rubric.
- Add Instructions for users.
- You can include attachments such as a file, an audio recording, or a video recording.
- Select the submission options you want.
- Click Save.
To Add the Dropbox to Your Content
- Click the Add Existing Activities button.
- Choose the type of activity you want to add.
- Choose the specific activity you want to add.