Getting Your Course Set Up with Connect
- Optional Setup Step - Create a Sandbox for Content Only
This sandbox would act as a master course template, since copying sections that have been integrated with McGraw-Hill Connect is not recommended.
- Send an email to VTAC@lonestar.edu or start a chat using the VTAC-Live Chat tool.
- Include a list of the courses, complete with section numbers and terms, in which you wish to use McGraw-Hill Connect.
- Copy your sandbox content into your D2L course.
- See Copy Course Components for instructions on how to copy your course content.
Adding McGraw-Hill Connect Content to Your D2L Course
NOTE: This article assumes that your course has already been built in Connect.
- Enter your D2L course.
- Click on Content on the navbar.
- If you have not already added a Module, create one by typing in the Add A Module area under Table of Contents and hit Enter on your keyboard.
- Choose your new module. Click on the Add Existing Activities button and choose External Learning Tools.
- Click on the "McGraw-Hill Campus Gateway Connect" link that appears.
- Determine if you agree to the policy and click Get Started.
- Enter the name, author, OR ISBN of your textbook and click FIND NOW.
- Once you find your textbook, click SELECT under the listing.
- When your book appears, click Connect.
- Select that you are an existing user.
- Log in to your Connect account using your email address and Connect password, then click Submit.
- Click I want this for my students in the upper right.
- Click Adopt.
- Indicate that you have an existing Connect course.
- Choose the correct course name, then select the section that corresponds with your D2L course.
- You will need to follow these steps for each section. Once a section is paired, you will have single sign on between the two systems and can take advantage of the gradebook sync.