See Connecting a Rubric to a Discussion Topic for information on how to connect a rubric to your discussion.
- Go to Communication > Discussions
- Click Assess Topic from the context menu of the topic.
- Click rubric name. (In this example it is “Discussion Rubric.”)
This will bring up all of the student’s posts for the topic below the rubric.
- Select the score for each criteria.
- Click Save.
Publish a topic score to the gradebook
- On the Discussions List page, click Assess Topic from the context menu of the topic you want to assess.
- On the Assess Topic page, do one of the following:
To publish scores for specific students, select the check box in the Published column beside each student whose score you want to release, then click Save.
To publish scores for all students, click Publish All Scores.