Sharing groups allow instructors to save permissions for a group of users that can then be applied to new items rather than specifying the group's permissions each time. Multiple sharing groups can be created and applied in different situations or to different types of items. For example, an instructor could create a sharing group that automatically gives all course participants access to view and comment on other participants' items if they are on the course classlist.
Sharing groups are optional as default groups exist containing all Users and Courses that you have access to view. Creating new sharing groups allows instructors to mix and match users or groups of users within a course and/or across multiple courses.
- From the course, click Edit Course on the navbar.
- Click Sharing Groups.
- Click New Sharing Group.
- Enter a Name and Description for the sharing group.
NOTE: Clicking the Description box will cause the group to be saved, which will then display the Add Users button.
- Click Add Users.
- Select the desired users or groups by searching via the search box or clicking the tabbed groupings. Multiple selections can be made across multiple tabs at once.
- Once selections have been made, click Add, then click Save and Close. Or click on a pencil to edit or an X to delete a group member.
- If you choose to edit a member several checkable options appear giving them more or less rights.