To avoid any unconscious bias in grading assignments, you can turn on Anonymous Marking, which replaces student names with "Anonymous User" + a number.
Turning On Anonymous Marking
If you need to create an assignment, see Create Assignments.
- In the Assignments list, click the assignment to edit, and then click the Edit Folder button.
- Scroll down to the bottom and check the box in front of "Hide student names during assessment."
- Click the Save and Close button.
Evaluating Assignments with Anonymous Marking turned on
Grading the assignment submissions remains the same. See Evaluate Assignment Submissions to learn more.
- In the Assignment list, there is an icon that displays when Anonymous Marking is active.
- Click the assignment.
- Each user is listed with an Anonymous User number instead of their name.
- Click the Anonymous User number to begin grading.