During the course of any class, it may happen that a student says they submitted a quiz but the instructor cannot see it in the quiz attempts list. This is because, by default, the "quiz attempts list" is filtered to only students that have submitted an attempt. If the student was unable to submit the quiz, his attempt is marked as "In Progress" and can only be viewed by changing the filter.
Finding quizzes stuck "in progress"
- Click on Course Activities on the navbar and choose Quizzes.
- Click the arrow next to the desired quiz and choose Grade.
- On the Users tab, choose Users with attempts in progress from the "Restrict to" dropdown list.
- Click the magnifying glass in the search box above the "Restrict to" setting to apply the filter.
Submitting an attempt for students:
- Click the Enter Quiz as User icon beside the quiz attempt in progress.
- Click Yes to confirm you wish to enter the quiz as the student.
- Go to end of the quiz and click Submit Quiz.
This will return to the Grade Quiz page and stop impersonating the user.