Sections are folders that contain questions. Questions within those folders may be randomized at the folder level. Sections are a good way to keep your questions organized, and one way you can accomplish randomizing questions.
To create a section in a quiz:
- Go to Course Activities > Quizzes, and then click the name of the quiz you'd like to edit.
- On the properties tab, click the Add/Edit Questions button.
- Click the New button and choose Section.
- Enter a name for the Section Title. For example, you may want to enter something meaningful such as the chapter number or the subject matter. Click the checkbox if you don't want students to see the Section Title.
- You can also enter Section Text to describe or explain the section. Again, you can click the check box if you don't want students to see the Section Text.
- Check the box to shuffle all the questions in this section when presented on the quiz.
- Click the Save button.