On the Edit Quiz screen, click on the Restrictions tab.
You will find the following options:
Make sure the checkbox next to Hide from Users has been unchecked; otherwise, your students will not be able to see the quiz.
Dates and Restrictions
- You can specify a date your quiz ends or a date range in which your quiz is available to students.
- You must check Has Start Date, Has Due Date, and/or Has End Date to be able to enter dates.
- The Due Date is the date after which quiz submissions will be flagged late.
- The End Date is the date after which the students will not be able to access the quiz.
- Quiz dates can also be added to your course calendar by checking the Display In Calendar checkbox.
Additional Release Conditions
Create new or attach existing release conditions if you want a quiz to be available to students only after they fulfill other specified tasks. Examples of release conditions include completing an assignment submission, scoring a specified grade on a particular quiz, completing a survey, or being enrolled in a particular section. If you have more than one condition, use the dropdown menu to select whether all or any must be satisfied.
You can edit and change release conditions by clicking Remove or Remove All Conditions then adding new conditions.
There are two security options on the Restrictions tab which are grayed out: "Respondus LockDown Browser: Required to take this quiz" and "Respondus LockDown Browser: Required to view quiz feedback and results." These setting are now located in the LockDown Browser tab located on the Quiz list page.
See LockDown Browser & Monitor Dashboard - Preparation for more information.
Optional Advanced Restrictions
To access a quiz, students must enter the same Password you input here.
NOTE: You can also enter a password in the LockDown Browser settings. This could result in the student being required to enter two different passwords at two different times. Please be aware of that possibility.
Students can only access a quiz from the IP address ranges you specify here. Leave fields blank to allow multiple IP address access points. Click on the Add new IP Range button to add an IP address range. You can add multiple IP address ranges.
Enter a time limit for your quiz and select “Enforced Time Limit.” 120 minutes is the default time limit.
Grace Period: Enter the number of minutes past the time limit that quizzes can be submitted before a late flag or penalty is applied.
- The minimum grace period is one minute.
- The default grace period is five minutes.
If you select "Enforced time limit," Exceeded Time Limit Behavior options appear.
Select a behavior (the quiz will be flagged as late with each option):
- Allow the student to continue working.
- Prevent the student from making further changes.
- Allow the student to continue working, but automatically score the attempt as zero after an extended deadline.
You can search and assign specific students a different set of quiz availability dates and late submission properties. Special access properties enable you to increase the time limit for students with special accommodations and allow different start and end dates for individual students.
- Choose "Allow selected users special access to this quiz" to grant special access to a quiz for particular students.
- Click Add Users to Special Access and modify the access properties and student permissions.
- After you finish modifying special access properties and student permissions, use the check box to select which student(s) to give special access to.
- Then click Add Special Access.
Alternatively, you can select Allow only users with special access to see this quiz to prevent other students from accessing the quiz if necessary.
For more information on setting up quizzes see: