Thank you for visiting this page. I am Dr. Kristin Malloy, Executive Director of Accessible Online Learning. This is a new role at LSC-Online, since July 2020. I am looking forward to working with faculty and our instructional design team to promote accessibility at LSC-Online.
Accessibility in the online environment is more than a legal requirement; it is a best practice known to benefit students with varying educational backgrounds and abilities.
Designing inclusive online classes benefits many students, including (not an exhaustive list):
- students with disabilities
- busy or distracted learners (e.g., students in a coffee shop or learning at home with family nearby)
- those who arrive underprepared for college
- individuals with English as a second language, and
- learners transitioning back to college after many years.
To help faculty stay current, we will be adding links to resources and strategies on this page and we will continue to add more to the channels in the Accessibility module.
Kristin Malloy, Ed.D.
Executive Director, Accessible Online Learning
Lone Star College-Online
Office Number: 832-813-6633