Instructional Designers/Technologists are available on each campus to assist faculty with course design and development using Brightspace and related tools within the Technologies We Support.
They are ready to assist faculty with:
- Online course development
- Conversion of face-to-face courses to hybrid or fully online courses
- A variety of other specialized, one-on-one strategies
Providing online course design consultations with:
- Content organization
- Gradebook creation
- Rubric construction
- Calendar usage and date restrictions
- Group creation
- Discussion forum/topic creation
- Dropbox Assignments
- Adding multimedia
- Recommendations for course improvement
- Alignment of objectives with assessment measures
- Illustration of effective online instructional strategies
- Implementation of ADA compliance
Facilitating training on:
- Using D2L
- LSC-Online Supported Technologies
- Online Teaching Best Practices
- Using D2L tools
- Redesigning a course
- Verifying the student roster within D2L
- Copying content within D2L
- Importing content from other sources
- Uploading exams from Publisher test banks or Respondus
- Downloading your gradebook and/or attendance roster
- New Course Design/Development assistance is provided upon the request and approval of your Dean.
NOTE: Please schedule a time to meet with your campus Instructional Designer or feel free to walk in for support during scheduled Open Labs
But if you need assistance with the following, these links are your best sources:
- Accessing Publisher content and test banks – Contact your publisher representative.
- Securing Copyright permission – Go to http://www.lonestar.edu/library/copyright.htm
- Developing multimedia content – Contact your Professional Development Staff.
- Requesting Student technical support – Go to http://www.lonestar.edu/lsc-online/student-support.htm
- Requesting Online student advising assistance – Go to email@example.com
- Posting your syllabus in iStar – Go To http://wwwapps.lonestar.edu/istar/helpdocs/syllabus.pdf
- Creating faculty blogs – Go to http://www.lonestar.edu/blogs/
- Posting your final semester grades in iStar – Search for "grades" in My.Lonestar.edu.