If you have not already upgraded, you will see a green “Update Available” button displayed at the bottom of the screen when you open Capture 8.
- Click Update Available to begin the update.
- Click Download Update.
- The download begins. Once the download reaches 100% the Install Update button will become available. Click install update to begin the installation.
- Capture will advise it’s going to remove the old version. Click OK to proceed.
- Click the Next button to proceed
- No need to check the box here, leave it unchecked. Click the Next button to proceed…
- The installation begins. When the status bar reaches the end, the Next button will become available. Click Next at that time.
- Capture begins the installation by checking for open programs or windows that may cause conflicts with the installation. Click Install when able.
- Capture may request that certain programs or windows be closed. Click Yes if you see this screen.
- Capture is not always able to close windows and may prompt you for permission to “kill” some processes. Click Yes if you see this screen.
- The installation continues…
- The installation will complete and offer to open Capture for you. If you do not want to open Capture at that time then uncheck the box labeled “Launch Desire2Learn Capture” and click Finish.
You have successfully completed the upgrade of Capture from version 8 to version 9!