D2L enables you to determine if an email you sent to another D2L user has been read. This works for both individual and group emails. To do this, you must turn on the tracking feature.
Turn on the Tracking Feature
- Go to Collaboration > Email.
- Click on Settings in the top right corner of the email screen.
- Select “Track activity for messages sent to internal email addresses” under Email Options.
Tracking Sent Email
- Send your message(s).
- Open any email message from your Sent Items folder in D2L.
- To the right, just below the date, click “View Recipient Activity.”
- There you will be able to see which users have opened the message and the date it was opened.
NOTE: If there are “No items found” then the email has not been opened.