Feedback for long answer questions is found in each question so you must allow students to view that part of the submission in order for them to read it.
Make Instructor Feedback Visible
Instructor feedback for a quiz is published when the grades are. However, to show feedback for a long answer quiz question, follow these steps:
- Click on the quiz name.
- Click on Submission Views tab once you are in edit quiz.
- Click on Add Additional View.
- Give the submission view a name. Scroll to the bottom.
- Under “View Details” and “Show Questions?” select the radio button next to “yes”.
- Be sure the radio button next to “Show all questions with user responses” is selected.
- Select the radio button “Show question answers”.
- Click Save.
Now students can go to Assessments > Quizzes and choose Submissions for the quiz. Click on the attempt and see their feedback for the long answer question.