The Merge Course Rosters form allows you to combine multiple section rosters into one Brightspace course.
To Synchronize the Rosters (Classlists)
- Go to the course that you wish to use in Brightspace.
- In the support widget, click on Course Design > Merge Course Rosters.
- A new window will open.
- In the first pane, select the term for the courses you want to merge and choose whether they are CE or Credit courses..
- A list of courses will appear. Choose the course you want to be the primary course. (It will be highlighted in blue.)
- The second pane will show you all the secondary courses that are available to merge with that primary course. Choose all applicable sections.
NOTE: This process is difficult to reverse so make sure you are choosing the correct sections. If unsure contact LSC-Online staff through VTAC.
- The third pane shows you a summary of what you have chosen - which secondary courses will be merged into the primary course. When the merge is performed, the secondary courses will be deleted and any content or student data in them will be lost.
- Click on the Merge Rosters button at the bottom of the screen to merge your rosters.
This should only take a few moments but wait until the alert message says the process is complete.
Your Request Has Been Submitted!
You may now close this page and continue working with BrightSpace by D2L.
- Close the alert.